El Paso, TX
On staff we have LSSPs, speech pathologist, speech pathologist assistants, counselors, behavioral specialist, occupational therapist and speech education directors. Essentially, we function as a Special Education team.
AIM was recently featured in Entrepreneur magazine as one of the Top Company Cultures in America.
AIM is a first-time winner of the Top Workplaces contest and one of the youngest companies to participate. It beat out 97 other companies that have fewer than 150 employees.
Feel free to browse our website: aimllcconsulting.com
The Occupational Therapist, under the direction of the Program Coordinator, shall provide occupational therapy services to students, families and school personnel. Services will include student evaluation to determine necessity for occupational therapy services and the provision of comprehensive services that are educationally related.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide occupational therapy services to students using the District’s school-based practice model.
2. Maintain appropriate and required documentation of services to students.
3. Provide required supervision of the Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) and other program personnel.
4. Develop and provide inservice/training to staff and families, as requested.
5. Supervise occupational therapy students and affiliates, as assigned.
6. Maintain appropriate documentation to enable the District to meet Federal, State, and local funding requirements, as well as all other documentation that may be requested by the District from time to time.
7. Maintain all required State licenses as may be required for the performance of his or her duties under this contract.
8. District-wide travel to multiple work locations as assigned requiring personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
9. May be required to lift and transfer students and assist with positioning students with physical disabilities.
10. May be required to assist and train staff in feeding students with physical disabilities.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Maintain emotional control under stress. Regular District-wide travel to multiple work locations as assigned; frequent standing, stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, heavy lifting, and moderate carrying. May be required to lift and transfer students to and from wheelchair or assist with positioning students with physical disabilities.