The Physical Therapist, under the direction of the Program Coordinator, shall provide physical therapy services to students, families and school personnel. Services will include student evaluation to determine necessity for physical therapy services and the provision of comprehensive services that are educationally related.
• Physical Therapy Degree
• Licensed to practice physical therapy in the State of Texas
• Must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting check prior to starting employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide physical therapy services to students using the District’s school-based practice model.
2. Maintain appropriate and required documentation of services to students.
3. Provide required supervision of the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) and other program personnel.
4. Develop and provide inservice/training to staff and families, as requested.
5. Supervise physical therapy students and affiliates, as assigned.
6. Maintain appropriate documentation to enable the District to meet Federal, State, and local funding requirements, as well as all other documentation that may be requested by the District from time to time.
7. Maintain all required State licenses as may be required for the performance of his or her duties under this contract.
8. District-wide travel to multiple work locations as assigned requiring personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
9. May be required to lift and transfer students and assist with positioning students with physical disabilities.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Maintain emotional control under stress. Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment. May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical restraint; and assist non-ambulatory students.