San Antonio, TX
Provide support and guidance to evaluation staff, campus administrators, and campus staff regarding the evaluation process. The LSSP Coordinator must have extensive experience in special education along with effective communication skills.
- Assist in the supervision of the evaluation process for LSSPs and other evaluation staff. Mentor new LSSPs in the evaluation and campus support process.
- Oversee the maintenance of eligibility folders, referrals, and evaluation timelines to comply with state and federal requirements.
- Consult with teachers, principals, and staff regarding referrals, evaluations for eligibility, and procedures and instruments utilized in the area of special education evaluation process.
- Collaborate with various areas of the organization to enhance service delivery and program development.
- Work cooperatively with all AIM and client education professionals to provide high quality programming and training.
- Participate in the development of long-term planning which assures high-quality compliance with federal, state and local mandates.
- Complete evaluations when necessary to maintain timelines and support the evaluation team
- Foster productive relationships with both parents and members of the educational community.
- Maintain accurate records and paperwork.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Licensure as an LSSP
- Deep knowledge of recognized disabilities and their impact on student performance within the educational setting.
- Exceptional knowledge in the use of assessment and assessment data to inform instruction and prescribe plans for individual
- Exceptional mastery of professional communication, presentation and writing
- Ability to acquire, retain and remain current regarding pertinent legal knowledge as it relates to the assignment
Go to all jobs